Friday, March 26, 2010

John 16

Today, I am reading John 16. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here is the verse/thought that stood out to me...

John 16

1 I have told you these things so that you won’t abandon your faith.


I appreciate the fact that Jesus understands there will be moments when we might want to abandon our faith.


22 So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy.


For us, we rejoice when we discover the truth about Jesus’ death and resurrection. I pray that the joy of that moment is never stolen.


33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.


Again, I appreciate Jesus’ honesty. In terms of our journey as Jesus followers, this might be the most important one we ever encounter. The reality is that we will face some overwhelming, potentially faith-ending challenges on our journey ... when you do, remember that Jesus’ death and resurrection have overcome this world. The phrase I like to use is, “In the end, God wins”.

No comments: