Monday, March 29, 2010

John 17

Today, I am reading John 17. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here are the verses/thoughts that stood out to me...

John 17

15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.


One of the natural inclinations we have as Jesus followers is to withdraw from the things of this “world”; but that isn’t what Jesus did and it isn’t what He wanted for us. I would love to have had the opportunity to watch (and learn) as Jesus interacted with some of the more well known “sinners” of His day. He was able to maintain obedience to God while extending grace to “sinners”. I love that about Him and pray I become more like that ... more obedient and more gracious.


20 I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.


As a Jesus follower, did you know that Jesus prayed for you? A very cool thought.


23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.


Do you know what Jesus prayed for? That we, as Jesus followers, would get along. Jesus just taught the disciples about this (John 13:34-35) and now He is praying we would all be able to express it.


No comments: