Tuesday, March 23, 2010

John 14

Today, I am reading John 14. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here are the verses/thoughts that stood out to me...

John 14

1 Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.


Death is a reality; but thankfully, it doesn’t have to be an overwhelming reality or a fearful reality. Jesus offers us a very important promise ... an eternal home with Him in heaven; but it comes with an important requirement ... trust in God and Jesus. If you have never put your trust in Jesus, I would love to talk with you about it. You can email me at jeff@myeastside.cc.


15 If you love me, obey my commandments.


The word “obey” has developed a very negative connotation. We fear it will steal our independence or rob us of some freedom. Jesus’ request is not a response to fear ... it is a response in love. Our obedience to Jesus should flow out of our love for Jesus.


No comments: