Thursday, March 25, 2010

John 15

Today, I am reading John 15. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here are the verses/thoughts that stood out to me...

John 15

5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.


Beyond saving us, God wants to transform us. Jesus described it here as producing fruit in our lives ... outward demonstrations of an inward change. Paul would later write about this topic and described the fruit as, “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” (Galatians 5:22,23) The key to this transformation is “remaining” in Jesus. The key to “remaining” is learning to trust and obey His teachings more and more every day.


18 If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first.


This is such an important reminder. Your journey with Jesus won’t always be accepted by others with open arms. When that happens, remember that its not about you.

No comments: