Monday, March 1, 2010

John 5

Today, I am reading John 5. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here are the verses/thoughts that stood out to me...

John 5

6 When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”


This question has always saddened me. You would think/hope everyone wants to “get well”; but there will always be those that prefer to remain “sick”. There are some people you just can’t help because they don’t want to be helped.


9 Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking! But this miracle happened on the Sabbath, 10 so the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, “You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn’t allow you to carry that sleeping mat!”


My prayer is that I don’t “object” to good things that God is doing in my life, or the lives of others, just because He isn’t doing it the way I think it should be done.


39 “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!


It is important to remember that, even though it is a collection of 66 books, the Bible is telling one story ... a story focused on Jesus. Every time you read the Bible, you need to “look” for Jesus so you can see how that passage/chapter helps tell the story.


No comments: