Monday, March 15, 2010

John 10

Today, I am reading John 10. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here are the verses/thoughts that stood out to me...

John 10

4 After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice.


We need to “know” God’s voice. I’m not talking about recognizing His voice on the phone. I’m talking about recognizing His “voice”, among the gut feelings we have floating around in our own heads and the advice we hear from others, by making sure our gut feelings and the advice we receive matches up with what He teaches.


10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.


Remember, we face an enemy that is destructive ... so don’t take his lies lightly. Thankfully, we don’t face him alone; but this is why it is so important to be familiar with Jesus’ teachings ... so you can know you are following the right voice.


18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.


I appreciate the reminder that Jesus was in control the whole time. He had a plan and followed it ... sacrificially and obediently.


No comments: