Tuesday, February 23, 2010

John 2

Today, I am reading John 2. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.


Here are the verses/thoughts that stood out to me...

John 2

5 But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”


In this scene at the wedding, I appreciate Mary’s submission to Jesus. I aspire to have the same heart.


17 Then his disciples remembered this prophecy from the Scriptures: “Passion for God’s house will consume me.”


It makes me wonder ... what am I so passionate about that it consumes me?


23 Because of the miraculous signs Jesus did in Jerusalem at the Passover celebration, many began to trust in him. 24 But Jesus didn’t trust them, because he knew human nature.


This is an important thought considering our current series, “Free*”. Jesus didn’t “trust” them in the sense that He didn’t base his value of Himself on their opinion. Neither should we. Our view of who we are should be rooted in the fact that we are uniquely made by God and maintained by the love Jesus demonstrated and the grace He continually offers.


No comments: