Monday, February 22, 2010

John 1

Hey everyone, I apologize for last week’s absence. It was a very hectic week; but the time away was actually good for me. I think you need to take a break every once in a while to evaluate where you are on the journey. I’ve also found that it is good to mix things up every once in a while so that your journey doesn’t become stagnant. With that in mind, I’m going to make a few changes to the blog. Beginning today, I am personally going to begin reading longer passages ... a chapter a day. I will continue to only list, and comment on, a verse (or two or three) that stand out to me as I read; but I hope you will open your Bible and read the chapter with me. With this new start, I am going to start a new book ... John. John was one of Jesus’ disciples; but more than that, he was one of Jesus’ closest friends. That is what I love so much about this book ... it’s like a biography written by a best friend. So let’s get started ... John 1. You can find a link here if you would like to read it online.



Today, there were actually three verses that stood out to me...

John 1

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.



I love John’s description of what Jesus’has done ... “He has revealed God to us.”



29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!



There are certain moments in time that we would all like to have seen firsthand. For me, this is one of them ... the moment Jesus is introduced as the promised messiah, what a great description.



46 “Nazareth!” exclaimed Nathanael. “Can anything good come from Nazareth?” “Come and see for yourself,” Philip replied.



I love Philip’s reply, “Come and see for yourself”. When you have a friend that you want to invite on this journey with you ... this journey of following Jesus, this is the perfect line to refer to, “Come and see for yourself”.

No comments: