Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Respond

I am currently reading through 2 Peter. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.



2 Peter 1

5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge,

6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness,

7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.



Respond. There is nothing I could ever do to earn God’s grace or repay His love; but, as a response, I can “make every effort” to live a life that reflects His purity and His wisdom and His patience and His compassion and His love.


No comments: