Monday, January 4, 2010

"Year in Review" - November

It was almost impossible for me to pick a favorite moment in November with the hiring of Shane Hively (our new student pastor), the Help Build Hope trip to Appalachia and the Angel Tree project; but my favorite was participating in the Baby Dedication Weekend with my wife and our daughter, Addison. My favorite entry came from November 9th...



Teach

I am currently reading through 2 Timothy. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.



2 Timothy 2

1 Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus.

2 You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.



Teach. Right before Jesus ascended into heaven, He gave His disciples their “marching orders” ... make more disciples (Matthew 28:18-20). The primary vehicle there and here is teaching ... “teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you” and “teach these truths”. As Jesus followers, it is our responsibility to teach the people we know what we know. You may not feel like you know enough ... don’t wait, teach them what you know so far. Then, keep learning. Who are you teaching? What are you learning?

No comments: