Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reject

I am currently reading through 2 Timothy. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.



2 Timothy 4

3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths.



Reject. I may be speaking out of turn here; but I think we all struggle with this. Each of us has a certain area of life (vocational or financial or relational) in which we reject what God teaches. We don’t want to hear it because we don’t like what He has to say. One of the major challenges of this journey is learning to submit wholeheartedly, completely to what God says.

No comments: