Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Please

I am currently reading through 2 Timothy. I invite you to open your Bible and read along with me or find it online here.



2 Timothy 2

3 Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

4 Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them.

5 And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules.

6 And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor.

7 Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.



Please. Reading Paul’s example of a soldier, I was struck by the question ... “Who am I trying to please?” In the way that I talk and work and live, who am I trying to please? Tough question. Important answer.

No comments: